Looking for your next favorite book? Browse these lists for inspiration!
Recommended by FFL Staff
- Back to School: Support for Parents
- Black History and Activism
- Early Chapter Books
- Folk & Fairytales
- Gender Identity
- Graphic Novels
- Justice Titles for Kids & Teens
- Middle Grade Fiction
- #OwnVoices Early Chapter Book Series
- #OwnVoices Middle Grade Fiction
- Rainbow Kids & Familes: LGBTQ+
- Reading is an Investment (Vermont Treasurer's Office)
- Red Clover Award 2021-2022
- Talk About Racism
- Vermont Golden Dome Book Award 2022-2023 (formerly called Dorothy Canfield Fisher Award)
Red Clover Award: The Red Clover Book Award is designed for children in kindergarten through fourth grade. Each year thousands of Vermont school children read the 10 nominated picture books and vote for their favorite in the spring. The award has been handed out annually since 1997.
Vermont Golden Dome Book Award : The Vermont Golden Dome Book Award* (formerly the Dorothy Canfield Fisher Book Award) was created to honor excellence in children's literature. Each year since 1957, Vermont students in grades four through eight have selected their favorite book from a list of nominees. It is recommended that students read at least five of the year's nominated titles before voting. Voting takes place in the spring, generally beginning in April.