Thank you for your interest in volunteering at the library!
Due to COVID, we are currently unable to accept volunteers. Please check back.
Volunteer at the Library! Connect with your community and support your public library. We have opportunities for you to get involved in all library departments. Volunteers must be a minimum of 14 years old.
What do I need to be a volunteer?
- Enthusiasm and a willingness to learn!
- Desire to help your public library and community.
- Commitment to a regular schedule.
- Good work habits and appropriate skills for the tasks assigned.
- Compliance with library rules, policies, and procedures.
- Interview with Volunteer Coordinator to determine compatibility.
Our current volunteer opportunities:
- Visit home childcares to support early enrichment and kindergarten readiness.
- Shelve/Organize library materials.
Materials Repair and Maintenance
- Repairing books, audio/video materials, inventorying collection.
Preparing Materials for Circulation
- Checking in materials, emptying book drops, sorting, labeling.
- Greeting, facilitating, program setup, and marketing.
- Preparing library materials and assisting in deliveries to outreach sites.
- Interior: Light cleaning of shelves, tables, and displays.
- Exterior: Grounds work / Gardening.
Help the Friends of Fletcher Free Library
- Marketing, Fundraising, Book Sales & more
- Small ad hoc projects based on current library needs
Applications may be subject to background check.
At this time, the library does not participate in court-ordered community service.
Volunteer away your fines!
We host work projects twice a month when you can work off your Library fines. Read all about it!