Thanks for your interest in volunteering at Fletcher Free Library! We are not currently accepting new volunteers, but please check back as we anticipate opening for applications again in the future.
Volunteer at the Library! Connect with your community and support your public library. We have opportunities for you to get involved in all library departments. Volunteers must be a minimum of 14 years old.
What do I need to be a volunteer?
- Enthusiasm and a willingness to learn!
- Desire to help your public library and community.
- Commitment to a regular schedule.
- Good work habits and appropriate skills for the tasks assigned.
- Compliance with library rules, policies, and procedures.
- Interview with Volunteer Coordinator to determine compatibility.
Some of our volunteer opportunities (not all opportunities may be currently available):
Volunteer for Special Events
Early Learning Outreach Program
- Visit home childcares to support early enrichment and kindergarten readiness.
- Shelve/Organize library materials.
Materials Repair and Maintenance
- Repairing books, audio/video materials, inventorying collection.
Preparing Materials for Circulation
- Checking in materials, emptying book drops, sorting, labeling.
- Greeting, facilitating, program setup, and marketing.
- Preparing library materials and assisting in deliveries to outreach sites.
- Interior: Light cleaning of shelves, tables, and displays.
- Exterior: Grounds work / Gardening.
Help the Friends of Fletcher Free Library
- Marketing, Fundraising, Book Sales & more
- Small ad hoc projects based on current library needs
Applications may be subject to background check.
At this time, the library does not participate in court-ordered community service.